Saturday, October 19, 2013

Hoarders

I don't know if I should say le Zhang fam are hoarders.... but man, I'm so frustrated with all the hidden junk. My auntie does such a good job of keeping our house tidy that you never would know how much shit we have. My mum wants to keep EVERYTHING. Whatever we want to throw out, she says she'll find a use for them... or should donate them to the needy... or it's such a waste, it's still functional..... and then what happens? It ends up where it is for another 5 years.

So now that I'm back and feel like I have more weight around the house (not my mass/weight ok hahaha), I've been slowly chucking stuff out. Those that can be recycled, are recycled, those that I'm not sure of just goes right into the bin. I'm so unsure about what can and cannot be recycled though since Singapore still isn't too invested in going green (which sucks considering how developed a nation we are). And electronics! The garang guni man doesn't even want our stuff man. He told me to call up those recycling companies that collect e-waste but I've been on their websites, and they seem to do more corporate collections than domestic. The only convenient collection point i've found still requires my mum to drive me there.... and she's already made it very clear that she's not gonna waste her precious weekend doing it. Boo. So i've just been leaving them near the rubbish point downstairs and I FEEL SO GUILTY DOING IT!! Because it seems like we're just off-loading our problem onto someone else =________=

Anyway, I'm hoping to get our home properly spring cleaned as soon as my internship ends :D Quite excited for that. Oh and I just took off the swivelly thing that my old monitor was on and disconnected all the old wires from my desktop.... everything does in the trash tomorrow.Now my table seems so spacious. Wowza.

To a better and cleaner tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment