Sunday, October 6, 2013

Y'know, in the past I would have at least tried to convince myself to get back to blogging... but I've completely fallen off the bandwagon, which is to say, I'm a lazy bitch. Anyhow, I've given myself the day off of work (hehe i blame monday blues and uhm, indigestion) and weirdly, did not sleep in. It's just ten past nine now and I think I should do my little space a bit of justice with some ramblings.

I have 3 more weeks left on my internship. It's been a very insightful journey and at the same time, has once again destroyed the romanticized view I had of this job. Other than getting to wear a spiffy white lab coat and feeling like an important agent with an access card-key to various labs, the job is surprisingly... technical. I know, I'm an idiot hahaha. Obviously it's going to be technical!! I just didn't expect so much sweeping and swabbing and strain on my eyes.That's not all I do okay! I've used several mechanical tools I never even knew existed and all the vocational training has made me realize how much of a hands-on person I am.

Back to the topic - not to say I'm not enjoying work, I honestly am. Every time I walk into a store, I feel very alive and captivated by all the artefacts and it's a pity hardly anyone knows about our huge collections. And looking at them, I do want to continue my long-established goal of safeguarding and conserving them. Just that work has been pretty slow for me, since I am still an intern, and having a not-very-expressive supervisor makes time go by so slowly... so much so that I've fallen asleep while working quite a few times, sneaked off to do mindless things and taken lunch breaks longer than i should. Yes, guilty as charged!

(The Mother just asked me if there isn't any other jobs I'm interested in. No doubt my chao geng antic today has made her think this isn't what I want to do....)
(I've always been chao geng. Not just on this job hehe. Not proud.)

Anyhow, I'm both looking forward and dreading embarking on an official job - perks: financial stability, a job i enjoy, getting to work with artefacts, getting to finally start on my career in the heritage industry.. boo: no more alone time (mega-sob), morning rush (ew), being a civil servant, alone time (worth mentioning again)..


Now I just need to get the job.

*

I actually have more to ramble on, but I shan't make this entry too wordy since I know how short my (and my few readers') attention span is. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment