Saturday, April 27, 2013

Juice Fast Day 1

Right, so my blender is gonna go ka-pish soon due to our occasional abuse of it over the last two years. Please just last for the next few days!!

Woke up and made myself a bowl (what? lazy student here!!) of carrot and apple juice. I don't have a juicer, as said, so had to resort to this method:


It works well for me, so no complains there.. at least not for now. I diluted it with quite a lot of water and it surprisingly still tasted yummy. Wasn't hungry through the afternoon as i went for a walk and to grab more ammo for my juice gun. I think this was because of all the extra calories I've had over the last three days. I know i should have weaned myself off food first before attempting anything, but sofar.. my body isn't reacting too badly. No side effects of nausea or giddiness yet, woohoo!

Next concoction i tried was:
Cucumber + apples + kale + orange

I've never had a good impression of green juices because they used to sell some kinda grassy nasty fluid probably a decade ago and it was the trend! There were aunties offering little cups of the green liquid at supermarkets and I remember trying one.... and vowing never to go near anything like it again. It was YUCKY!

But now that I'm an adult (hur hur yeah right), maybe what tasted bad when i was young would be palatable right now. Anyhow, I wasn't too keen on green/vege juices but I know they are essential in a juice fast. I know cucumber isn't technically a vegetable, but it's green la okay HAHA ;x okay, point is... the juice was DELICIOUS. I really enjoyed it and have another glass nursing in the fridge for later.

I'm gonna try making a 'greener' juice later in the day, maybe some kale, spinach, celery and apples/carrots to sweeten it up.

Sofar the verdict is:
I'm feeling pretty okay, but i can sense mucus building up in my nose.. which I've read is normal. No hunger pangs yet, but knowing me and my habits... it'll come sooner or later. Hopefully I'll hold out and not reach for some hummus on toast anytime soon :(

Oh and drinking lots of green tea too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment