Okayyyyy, yes i broke my fast today (day 3).
So yesterday, I woke up feeling light-headed and proceeded to make myself my breakfast juice. Sorry, didn't note that down but i remember it was really good. No hunger pangs throughout the day and made juice every 2 hours. But i had to work on my essay and it became really hard because I couldn't concentrate. I was writing it, but my mind was still quite buzzed out... so nope, that bit sucked.
I was quite enjoying the fact that i wasn't craving anything, considering how much i love to snack, but then i was also getting really worried because (awkward much) I haven't pooped AT ALL. Even before i started the fast i wasn't having regular bowel movements and no matter what I tried (drinking loads of water, tea, eating yogurt, veges, fruits..) it wasn't improving. I was hoping the juice fast would help but yeah, it didn't either. And all i could think of was junk building up in my intestines =____= EW. So that's the main reason why I'm breaking fast today - getting my system back to normal first!
Also, we spent 4 hours (11pm-3am) at A&E last night because my friend sliced her finger. ALL SHE NEEDED WAS A FREAKING ANTI-SEPTIC BANDAID!! I was kinda hoping she would get stitches or glued (lol sorry) but just a band-aid.. okay I should be glad that it wasn't anything serious. Nonetheless, I had a bottle of water with my that i guzzled up in the first hour. And I felt really giddy and out of it throughout our wait. Got myself a cup of tea. Helped a bit. But not having enough water and feeling the effects of it was irritating.
Right, so back to Day 3.
I know I shouldn't eat bread and carbs and stuff yet... but I did. So for breakfast, I had:
home-made bread with hummus
punnet of green grapes
handful of cherry tomatoes
one hard boiled egg
It made me pretty full, which I'm super impressed about. Usually it takes way more than that to get me filled up, but i think the cleanse over the last two days really helped out my eating habits.
Also, I felt weird without juice and after breakfast, I made myself apple and celery. Could this be a start of a new habit?
Regardless, even though I lasted only for two days, it was an interesting experience. I wouldn't go on it for too long though - love food too much. I'm gonna switch my meals up a bit as well, adding juice here and there as a meal :) I would definitely go on a juice fast again and LAST THE THREE DAYS. Also, wouldn't hurt with a better blender / juicer :)
No comments:
Post a Comment