Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Juice Fast: Yay or Nay?

So I've been contemplating on going on a juice fast recently as a sort of master cleanse to get rid of the crap in my body. God knows I've not been eating well AT ALL. Your body is your temple... and well, my body is now a dumpster. Sorry body, I really ought to treat you better.

Anyhow, so aside from my lack of self-discipline and control... I really do have everything I need.

1) A Blender
I should use a juicer, but I'm a poor student who has to rely on her ex boyfriend's portable blender. Making do!

2) Fruits
Now that I'm back in the UK, it's way easier to watch what I eat. That's a huge issue back home, considering my auntie consistently and diligently worries about whether I've eaten and buys me my favourite (unhealthy) food even when I don't ask. It's like, I want to cook or use the kitchen but it feels weird since it's technically her territory. Okay, excuses i know! Anyhow, I just bought a bag of carrots and apples :D My favourite juice combi!

I'm actually having a cup of apple+carrot juice right now, but it's pretty weird because it's more... mush than juice. I added water to it to make it more 'drinkable' but this is totally not the kinda stuff I had at home. Man, I miss my juicer.

Right, so I'm considering embarking on my virgin cleanse starting tomorrow. I haven't bought all the fruits and vegetables I'll be using. Might be good cause it gives me an excuse to head out to the supermarket (my favourite place!) and also to get some sun and fresh air. I'm a total kermit. No need to go out? Hell yeah, I'm staying in.

I've read quite a few articles about it to know what to expect, but I'm not sure if i've gone the ten miles to really educate myself on this.... but we'll see how it goes. Best way to learn is to try it for yourself, eh?

Day 1 starts tomorrow. Or maybe the day after. Or the day day day after.

See, I'm a big ass procrastinator (literally big assed)

No comments:

Post a Comment